- This event has passed.
SYMPOSIUM – How Medical Device Interoperability, Safety and Security Will Change Healthcare _ 10th – 11th February 2020
February 10 @ 9:00 am - February 11 @ 5:00 pm
This symposium brings together international experts in digital health and medical devices to share knowledge and discuss issues and trends. Learn how digital health can support medical device quality and safety.
Participants will come away with greater knowledge of digital health interoperability and medical device safety, using standards and research conducted through the Flinders Digital Health Research Centre and the Medical Device Research Institute.
Come and learn, have fun (geeky fun!) and meet the people who are making a difference in the world of healthcare devices and interoperability.
February 10 & 11, 2020
Flinders at Tonsley, Lecture Theatre 2
1284 South Rd, Adelaide, South Australia
- If you want to understand the medical device safety and security landscape, the international standards, and learn about interoperability then this event is for you!
- If you have a burning desire to learn more about FHIR then you need to come to this event!
- If you need to know about healthcare interoperability and safety come to this event!
- If you are a healthcare device manufacturer, a software developer or just interested, then you need to come to this event!
- If you are a die‐hard HL7 FHIR coder then you need to come to this event!
- Or if you just want to hang out with international experts in healthcare devices, then this is the event for you!
Professor Trish Williams – Cisco Chair and Professor in Digital Health Systems
Professor Karen Reynolds – Director of the Medical Device Research Institute
Dr Brendan Lovelock – Health Practice Lead for Cisco Australia.
Mr Grahame Grieve – HL7’s Product Director for “FHIR, Australia
Dr Vince McCauley – Chief Medical Officer, Telstra Health, Australia
Robert Snelick – Chief Architect, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) , USA
John J. Garguilo – Computer Scientist, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USA
Todd Cooper – Expert Medical Devices Architect, USA