- This event has passed.
Mobile Health (mHealth) Applications (apps) Project Reference Group
23/08/2019 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm
The Australian Digital Health Agency Health mHealth apps review panel has been undertaking an analysis of the mHealth app landscape, which has included considerations of the outcomes from the 13 February 2019 National mHealth Apps Collaborative Workshop outcomes, as well as, consultations with a number of stakeholders across the sector. The review panel consists of Shane Solomon (Chair), Dr Amandeep Hansra, Associate Professor Clair Sullivan and Professor Keith McNeil. Both the Australian Digital Health Agency and Queensland Health are supporting this work.
The purpose of this Reference Group is to provide cross-organisational input to determine and oversee the development of the required artefacts (eg. framework, principles, guidance). It is anticipated that the reference group will guide the development of a national mHealth apps framework. An initial meeting of the Reference Group was held on 26 June 2019 where it was agreed that industry representation will be critical to ensure that any work developed is relevant and useful.
Please find attached the draft terms of reference which will be discussed and recommended for endorsement at the next Reference Group meeting.
The following bodies are being approached to participate in the reference group:
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Australian Digital Health Agency
- Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care
- States/territories representation
- Clinical representation
- Health consumer representation
- Industry representation.
The anticipated key milestones for the mHealth apps project are:
- Paper presented to the 22 July 2019 Health Services Principle Committee seeking endorsement on governance relationship between the Reference Group and HSPC (a sub-committee of the Australian Health Ministers Advisory Council—AHMAC)
- Deliverables and supporting paper to be presented to the January 2020 HSPC meeting
- Deliverables and supporting paper to be presented to February 2020 AHMAC meeting.
The reference group is anticipated to run until February 2020. The next Reference Group meeting is scheduled from 10.30am to 2.30pm on Friday 23 August 2019 in Sydney. If you could please advise your organisations interest and availability for participating in this reference group, that would be appreciated.